Sheffield Children’s is at the heart of everything The Children’s Hospital Charity does, delivering over and above the NHS provision and ultimately enhancing the patient and family experience, working with Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust to ensure that children and young people can receive the very best care, in the best possible environment.
The charity helps to change children’s lives every day by supporting pioneering ground-breaking medical treatment and creating a comfortable and engaging environment at the hospital. Donations, fundraising, sponsorship and everything in between help create a healthier future for the children and young people who visit the hospital.
They fund four key areas:
- A comfortable and engaging environment built with children in mind
- Specialist medical equipment
- New facilities to extend the range of treatment provided
- Research into the care, prevention and cure of childhood illnesses
The charity raises money in many different ways, with help from supporters. Here are a few ways they help to make a difference:
- by spreading the word about how amazing Sheffield Children’s Hospital is
- organising charity events
- applying for trusts and foundations
- facilitating easy ways to donate through pay roll giving, regular giving, texts, posters, buckets etc.
- supporting groups, schools, associations, businesses, organisations and individuals to create lasting partnerships
- organising really fun projects
Latest Project Updates
After being nominated by an employee from the SDL Minorfern Chesterfield Branch to receive a grant, The Children's Hospital Charity has been successfully shortlisted and awarded £4,000 from the Minorfern Foundation.